Posted on: Fri, 21 Apr 2017
Spring is the perfect time for you to get outside and inspect your home for damages caused during the harsh winter months. There are several measures you can take to maintain your home and property and protect from damages all year long. Exterior areas of your home that should be inspected:
- Roof: Check your roof for missing shingles and other damages that could cause a leak.
- Siding: Inspect and secure siding. Loose siding can be ripped off in high winds
- Gutters and Downspouts: Clean your gutters to prevent water damage and check for damaged or falling downspouts.
- Railings: Make sure all railings are secure and able withstand a person’s weight.
- Walkways and Driveways: Repair cracks and uneven surfaces to reduce the chance of falls.
- Trees: Trim trees that could damage your home or utility wires on your property. Remove rotting trees that could blow over in heavy winds.
Taking preventative maintenance measures can help homeowners save on costly insurance claims. For more information on how to protect your home and property, contact me at email@example.com or 410.512.4609.